ATTENTION 8TH GRADE STUDENTS AND PARENTS:
It is only 105 days until the 8th grade dance! But who is counting? Seriously though, the time is going to fly past, and May 5th will be here before we know it. As you (and your parents) plan for the dance you must remember a few very important points:
- This event is an 8th grade party or dance NOT a prom or formal
- The Cobb County Schools and Dodgen Middle School dress code applies (refer to your agenda). No formals or tuxedos. No thin strapped or strapless dresses. Street/knee length dresses are suggested. Tie optional for boys. Church clothes are appropriate.
- Students should NOT leave early from school to prepare for the party. Early dismissal for party preparation is not an excused absence. Also remember that students who are absent from school on May 4, cannot attend the party.
- Families do NOT need to make large expenditures for preparation (hairstyling, nails, clothing, transportation, photos, etc).
- Students and parents are responsible for ensuring appropriate attire. It is important to remember that the dress code will be enforced in the same manner as during school hours. Students who are dressed inappropriately will NOT be permitted into the party.
We (PTSA volunteers, teachers, administrators) look forward to this event. Your cooperation will help to ensure that it is a special evening for the 8th grade class.